Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Villa by Barton G. aka the Versace House

For those of you following me on facebook or twitter, you already know I went to Miami to spend Easter. The weather was perfect and seeing friends and family was wonderful.
In addition to that, I had the opportunity to go places in Miami I had never been on my previous trips. One of those places is the restaurant on The Villa by Barton G most commonly known as the Versace house. Gianni's house in South beach remained with mostly all its original decor even though the home was turned into a small hotel (10 rooms) and a fabulous restaurant.
The dining room is intact and everything from the mosaics on the walls to the china used is absolutely gorgeous. The meal becomes an experience, a feast for both the eyes and the palate. Champagne is brought out at just the perfect temperature, the flavours of all courses are like an explosion in the mouth, the service is very attentive and the grounds ... (have I mentioned the mosaic on the walls?).
Since I knew the business atire was smart casual, I wore a bandage dress and added some color in the accessories - necklace and shoes.



Dress - Stretta
Shoes - Jean-Michel Cazabat in black here
Necklace - Anthropologie (sold out), similar here
 
Thank you for reading and I'll share the menu details with you on my next post - Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment